Are you excited to deliver inspirational retail experiences to LEGO® fans of all ages? Join the Bricks and Minifigs Team” and provide inspirational guest experiences in an interactive and vibrant store environment. We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic individuals to join us.
Bricks & Minifigs is first and foremost a fun place for people of all ages to enjoy and explore their passion for LEGO. We facilitate this by providing excellent customer service and expert LEGO knowledge for all ages and abilities.
Each Bricks & Minifigs location is locally owned, and part of a nationwide franchise, headquartered in Orem, UT. We are a buy, sell trade store that encourages customers to reuse, rebuild and reimagine with LEGO elements.
We are currently hiring for the summer in Garden City, UT. Please download and fill out an application (See below) for consideration. E-mail applications with a resume to email@example.com
If you or someone you know in the Garden City area is 16 years or older and enjoys working with people, especially kids, we may have the perfect summer job! Love of LEGO is a bonus, but if you don't have LEGO experience, we can show you.
Store Associate High Level Responsibility
- Create an atmosphere that balances a casual/friendly feel with professionalism.
- Help customers, aged child to adult, learn their way around the store and develop an understanding of how the Bricks & Minifigs experience is unique.
- Make sure the environment is safe and welcoming.
The practicalities of what most of your day will entail:
- Organizing and stocking minifigures and sets (new and used);
- Greeting customers when they enter the store;
- Helping customers at checkout;
- Cleaning restrooms;
- Facilitating party events;
- Scheduling events;
- Sorting and cleaning bulk LEGO
- And lots of standing with quite a bit of lifting heavy containers upwards of 50 pounds.
The Creative Stuff
- Developing custom minifigures for sale
- Coming up with contest ideas
- Decorating with LEGO for holidays
- Learning to buy pre-owned LEGO
- A background in customer service whether retail, camp counselor, etc. A demonstration that you know how to work and relate well with people
- Knowledge of the LEGO ecosystem from past to present
- Intermediate LEGO building skills
- A strong desire to learn what needs to be done to successfully operate a small local business
- An ability to work on weekends and in accordance with posted store hours
Compensation and shifts
- This position starts around 10-20 hours per week with wages generally starting at minimum wage.
- The shifts run through all the days open (including specified Holidays.)